College Avenue Redevelopment Initiative
Year Completed: 2015
5 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ
In 2013, DEVCO structured the purchase of six acres of property owned by the New Brunswick Theological Seminary and assisted them in the implementation of a long-term capital improvement and facilities plan to redevelop its campus in the heart of Rutgers’ historical New Brunswick campus. NBTS, which has been part of the academic community of New Brunswick since the late 1780’s, now enjoys a new, beautifully landscaped campus. The new campus includes a 30,000 sq. ft. central building with a chapel, classrooms, offices, conference facilities and parking – providing greater support for today’s students and faculty. The plan also preserved and improved accessibility of the historic Gardner A. Sage Library, an exquisitely appointed Victorian book hall dedicated in 1875 and styled after a fourth century cathedral.